Henry C Weatherby, JD, CLU, ChFC is the founding principal of the law firm of Weatherby & Associates, PC. He has a BS in Human Resource Management from the State University of New York, Albany and a JD degree from the University of Connecticut School of Law.
Henry also holds the CLU (Chartered Life Underwriter), ChFC (Chartered Financial Consultant) designations and is a CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist), a designation granted by the International Association of Employee Benefit Specialists and the Wharton School.
Henry is the contributing editor of A Legal Guide for Connecticut Entrepreneurs, published by the CT Small Business Administration. He has also authored and co-authored articles on estate planning, pension administration issues, COBRA, Family Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Henry is a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, the Wealth Counsel, the Hartford Business and Estate Planning Counsel, the Central Connecticut Estate Planning Counsel, and the Society of Financial Service Professionals.
He is a founder and past President of the Connecticut Chapter of the National Institute of Pension Administrators and a former President of the Hartford Chapter of the Society of Financial Service Professionals. Henry is a member of the Connecticut and Idaho Bar Associations and the Hartford County Bar Association.
He is a member of the Elder Law, Estate Planning, and Taxation sections of the Connecticut Bar Association. Henry has developed and regularly conducts continuing education programs on estate, business and exit planning, as well as elder law in both Connecticut and Massachusetts. Below is a listing of some of the programs that Henry has either taught or attended.
• Specialty Education in Advanced Estate and Business Planning
• Estate Planning With Family Limited Partnerships
• Nuts and Bolts of Trusts
• Exit Planning for Business Owners
• Overview of Entity Selection
• Advanced Wealth Planning
• Fundamental & Advanced Estate Planning
• Planning with IRAs and Qualified Plans
• Asset Protection: Domestic & Offshore Strategies
• Helping Families Understand Advance Directives
• Estate Planning and Long-Term Care
• How to Save Your Home and Your Life Savings in the Event of Catastrophic Illness
• Post-Mortem Trust Administration
• Charitable Lead Trusts
• Integrating Retirement Plans into the Estate Planning Process
• Tax Consequences of Unmarried Cohabitation
• Living With Alzheimer’s Disease – Legal Issues
• Estate Planning Considerations for Unmarried or Opposite Sex Cohabitants
• Using GRATs, Charitable Lead Trusts, ILITs, Split-dollar Insurance, Limited Partnerships and Private Foundations as Planning Solutions
• Estate Planning in the New Millennium Medicaid/Medicare – Does It Matter?
• When Special Needs Trusts Go Bad
• Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Plans for Estate Planning Clients